·Maintaining your air conditioning will help prevent future problems, ensure your family’s safety, and save on energy costs. Household air conditioning is a convenience that’s easy to get used to and difficult to go without, especially during Spokane’s summer months, as well as those occasional spring and fall heat waves.What’s the best way to keep your air conditioning running when you need it? We suggest annual tune-ups—they’ll keep your system happy and your home comfortable. Most manufacturers require annual tune-ups in order to maintain a system’s warranty. You can keep your central air conditioner at peak performance by having one of our Safety Certified Technicians do an annual tune-up.
What should I expect during a Holliday Heating and Air Conditioning air conditioning tune-up?
All manufacturers recommend annual maintenance and care by a licensed HVAC contractor. During a Holliday Heating we will record measurements and observations, and identify and recommend any corrective actions needed to maintain the system’s ability to efficiently provide clean, conditioned air to your home for its normal expected lifetime.
- Verify thermostat is sending proper signal to the air conditioner.
- Inspect cabinet for rust, holes, seam separation and proper clearances.
- Inspect all electrical wiring and connections.
- Measure line voltage.
- Inspect fan blade for cracks and verify tight connection to motor shaft.
- Verify fan spins freely and has minimal endplay.
- Measure condenser fan motor amperage.
- Measure compressor amperage.
- Inspect and test contactors/relays.
- Check circuit board for hot spots and other damage.
- Inspect all capacitors and microfarad.
- Inspect and clean outdoor coil.
- Clean interior and exterior of outdoor cabinet. Apply protective coating.
- Inspect indoor coil condition. If cleaning is needed, additional charges will apply. Our technician will explain these charges beforehand.
- Inspect drain pan and drain line for proper drainage and clean if necessary.
- Check static pressures.
- Inspect indoor blower assembly. If cleaning is needed, additional charges will apply. Our technician will explain these charges beforehand.
- Measure temperature drop across indoor coil.
- Visually inspect accessible ductwork for any defect and verify airflow at each vent inside of home.
- Remove and check filter. Replace if needed. Certain filter replacements require additional charges, depending on the type of filter your system utilizes. Our technicians will discuss this with you before any replacements.
- Verify thermostat settings and cycle air conditioner to verify proper sequence of operation upon completion.